“SXSW 2018 is a mélange of innovation for those who are willing to think outside the box. It is difficult to classify this event, for it is more than just a festival for music, film, and technology. By meshing all these fields together, it forces the participant to realize that new, rich ideas emerge when concepts cross multiple boundaries.” NBCNews
SXSW, South by Southwest, is a festival divided into three main sections: film festival, tech festival, and a music festival. SXSW takes place in Austin, Texas every year in March since 1987. This conference last ten days, that is distributed into sections, the interactive festival last five days, music for seven and film for nine days.
Why you should go to SXSW 2018?
1) It will have free music shows, where you will appreciate and have fun with your friends or family to have a good time with a good music.
2) SXSW represents more than 2,200 musical performances, where you can know more new artists that maybe you will love in the future.
3) You will found new filmmakers, you will be lucky to have conversations with the most famous creators about films, and individual sections with mentors. The SXSW festival brings visionaries to tell us their anecdotes of entrainment that will give a different aspect of cinematography in the future.
4) SXSW Austin Is the best place to see the future trends, if you want to look at new ideas about technology, SXSW is the answer to know more about creativity, or inspiration to improve the modern age of technology.
5) You can receive t-shirts, caps, sunglasses, and other things from venders, in that way you will remember these fantastic days that you will have.
Is SXSW effective? We have different success stories and you may have heard of a few, such as Twitter, Foursquare, Gamesalad, Foodspotting.
Foursquare started to build his brand in 2008, but they have all ready for their launch in the festival SXSW in 2009. They didn’t know if the people would like their idea or understand them, but they finally accepted foursquare, and thanks to SXSW they reached their goals, nowadays Foursquare is recognized by many.
Another business like Foodspoting is an app that can rate different dishes, where you can recommend meals to others. How it began the story of Foodspotting? It started with a trip to Japan, Alexa Andrzejewski noticed that people took pictures of their food, but she asks herself where do all these images go.
So when she got back home in San Francisco, they didn’t have any idea how to recognize the dishes that she took photos of, and that’s when she came up with the idea to create an app. She joined up with Ted Grubb one of the first engineers of Get Satisfaction, an app of food. Both created “Foodspotting,” Foodspotting launched SXSW 2010, with an application for iPhone, now they have an app for android too.
Digital Poster will announce their creative ideas in SXSW at the technology center. Digital poster can help businesses to advertise their products or services with a highly effective platform. SXSW currant ticket prices:
➢ Platinum Badge: the cost is $1450 for March 9-18, you have primary access to all events.
➢ Interactive badge: the cost is $1125 for March 9-16, you have primary access to interactive activities.
➢ Film badge: the price is $1125 for March 9-17, you have primary access to film events.
➢ Music badge: it costs $1125 for March 12-18, you have primary access to music events.
➢ SXSW Edu badge: the price is $445 for March 5-8.
We will be happy to gain your support in this launch, and we are very excited to share our new digital ideas with you.
You will love this town for their food, music, and people. Thank you for taking the time to read this article.